So it seems I was nominated for The Mystery Blogger Award. I am beside myself with appreciation and disbelief. I started this project six months ago and I wasn’t sure anyone would even read it, none the less like it! So here I am, on a list of nominees, wondering what it even means. I guess it means I am touching people, which is precisely why I began this endeavor. And I am so thankful. I was nominated for my most recent post Snow Day, published 1.28.2018. I was nominated by a blogger I absolutely adore ConfidingConfidently. I love her message, how she writes, and how honest she is. I am honored that she has stumbled upon my blog and followed it. Thank you so much for the nomination! I cannot express how happy-and surprised- that I am. Thank you again for the nomination, but also the encouraging words and reading my thoughts every week.
So, what is a Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. It was created by Okoto Enigma in an effort to bring light to blogs that may reside in the dark corners of the internet, but should be pulled from the shadows. To continue to build the community of bloggers that are putting their hearts, souls, fear, hopes, and everything in between into the ether in hopes of bringing some change- or just comfort- to the world.
The Rules Are:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog, as well as to the specific post in which you were nominated. That way, the blogger who nominated you will receive a Pingback and know that you posted your answers and will be able to read them!
- Mention the creator of the award.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share your link to your best post (s).
Three things about myself:
- I started my blog because I felt alone. I felt broken and fearful. I hoped that by putting my perspective out there, I may help someone like me feel less alone.
- I sang in choirs for nine years and dabbled in musical theater for two. I had dreams of grandeur and Broadway when I was in my early twenties. Though I do miss the stage, I could not be happier with the path life took me on. This is where I belong.
- I wrote a little in high school. Some short stories, mostly just notes to my friends. My early days of putting my musings to paper, I guess. I never put much stock in having any talent, despite winning a small award for a short story in high school. Even with my blog, I am humbled by how many people read my inner workings and get something out of it. I never thought I would be a writer in any form, but I am so glad that I decided to embark on this journey. Mostly because of the accountability and growth it has provided me.
My questions from ConfidingConfidently:
- What is one thing you CANNOT live without? Music. It touches my soul in a way that I cannot describe. It can allow me to express things that I cannot put into words. It comforts, inspires, and motivates. I think it can be an essential key to teaching people empathy.
- If you could go anywhere where would you go? I would take my son to Ireland. I went once in my twenties as part of a study abroad program. I would like to go back and explore my history more. Show the amazing countryside to my son.
- Who’s your favorite writer that inspired you? I don’t know that I can pinpoint any one writer that inspired me. It is more books that inspired me. I moved around a lot when I was a kid. I was shy and had a bit of trouble connecting to people and making friends. I always felt like an outcast- a weirdo. But books were my friends. I always had one with me (even do to this day). The characters became my companions, my partners in crime. They took me away to far off lands that gave me a break from my reality. They made me feel less alone. From an early age, I recognized, and appreciated, the power of words.
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because I felt like there was so much out in the world about being a mother, but none of it touched on what I was experiencing. It was all memes about needing wine and being tired of your kids. It didn’t talk about the doubt, fear, or how isolating it can be. So I hoped, that maybe if I put my experience out into the world, maybe I could touch one mom out there. Help one mother feel less alone, less like she was the only one experiencing some of the hard stuff that is glossed over a lot. And, I needed to face my fears. My fears of failure or being judged. Mostly, face my fears of judging myself.
- What’s a weird smell you like? Chlorine. Walking into an indoor pool and smelling the pungent odor of chlorine makes me happy. It smells like comfort- like home.
My “best” posts:
Saying goodbye amidst trees and lights
So here is the honest truth, I don’t have ten blogs to nominate. Which makes me a bad participant in this endeavor. I am still finding people I follow that inspire me- or make me think. I am new to this world.
Damn, girl get your shit together
Questions for my nominees:
1.What brings you unbridled joy?
2. What does ‘home” mean to you?
3.What piece of music touches your soul?
4. What do you wish people knew about you?
5. What have you surprised yourself with?
2 thoughts on “Nominated for an award, what??”
Congratulations on your nomination! I’m going to explore your blog more when I have time. Saying goodbye amidst trees and lights is a favorite already. I began blogging several years ago, but have only recently become seriously devoted to it, with thepennymasonpost.wordpress.com and mysterybookreviewsbypennymason. I truly enjoy it and am working to perfect my techniques. My website is http://www.pennymasonpublications.com a hub for my blogs and books. Best wishes!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Penny! I will dig into yours when I get a little down time in the next couple of days. Tanks for giving me your links!